Image: Chris Robert on Unsplash.com

Many people are dissatisfied with their home country’s education quality and the care they receive in clinics. They may also be unhappy with high taxes or the environment. If you have a lot of grievances and want to leave your home country, the direct way to do it is to buy the right to live in a paradise corner of the planet. 

The remote method on a special Antigua Citizenship by Investment program allows you to do this with maximum comfort and enjoy the rights of a legal citizen in just a few months. Let’s take a closer look at the conditions dictated by the island’s government and the advantages of moving.

Overview of Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship Program

If you are tired of everyday life or just want to relax, the Caribbean twins will delight you with natural attractions. More than 300 beaches, numerous restaurants and cafes, turquoise water, and entertainment – this is what attracts tourists and permanent residents. Nowadays, people from all over the earth are eager to enter the region, so a cosmopolitan community has been formed there.

The government gives concessions to cosmopolitans who want to broaden their horizons and who do not want to limit themselves to the territory of their native country. Therefore, in 2012, a system of Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment for foreigners was developed to improve economic performance. The program is the most inexpensive and provides contributions of at least 100 thousand dollars, including all commissions. 

The island’s authorities offer dual citizenship, which means that the paperwork and the issuance of a personal document are classified and have nothing to do with your first place of residence. Complete confidentiality and simple conditions of “admission” to the number of locals will encourage the average foreigner to take action. 

Key Reasons to Choose Antigua Program

The program considers the interests of the applicant’s family and dependents, who are also eligible to go to the islands. The citizenship received is hereditary so that you can be confident about your generation’s future. The benefits of citizenship:

• fast passport processing and dual citizenship support;
  • visitor visas to the U.S;
  • unrestricted travel to more than 150 republics;
  • compliance with laws, personal and territorial security;
  • excellent medicine, and developed infrastructure.

However, there are many more reason to move and opportunities that open up for people after the documents are processed. First, there is no taxation, so you will not have to pay taxes on inheritance or rental income. Second, it is a quiet and peaceful place and simultaneously developed in terms of opportunities.

Requirements and Process of Obtaining Antiguan Second Passport

The main requirements are that an adult foreigner must transfer the funds. Several options are available to bipatrides to send money to the treasury:

1. In real estate (villa, apartment, house) – about 200-300 thousand dollars.
  2. To the state fund for the development of the economy.
  3. To the University of the West Indies fund – irrevocably (150 thousand).
  4. To invest in a business (1.5 million) and receive rental income during ownership.

The application process begins with an application to a private immigration company, which coordinates all details and critical issues with the applicant himself and later with the CIU department. Next, a particular government agency conducts a background check on the applicant and sends an approval or denial. A check is also made to ensure the proper funding is provided.

Benefits and Business Opportunities with Antigua Passport

According to Vladlena Baranova, an investment program expert (Immigrant Invest company), holding a passport of the republic can open up business opportunities, as it provides access to various advantages:

1. Global mobility. Antigua and Barbuda passport visa-free countries will allow you to visit without any obstacles.
  2. Investment opportunities. To obtain them, you must invest in the country’s economy through a government fund or real estate, and you can use this as motivation to enter international projects.
  3. Benefits and tax advantages. Some neighboring regions provide benefits and additional discounts for passport holders.
  4. International business. Possession of citizenship is useful when doing international business. It opens access to new markets and opportunities.

Don’t forget that you may need additional consultation with lawyers and migration specialists to effectively use your passport in business.

Bottom Line

So, you can get Antigua and Barbuda second passport in 3 months if your application is approved and you have no health and legal problems. The program is notable for its low cost and variety of methods. For example, a foreigner can buy real estate or send funds one time to the country’s fund. In any case, you should not overlook Caribbean when searching for a safe haven or a backup “plan B”. After all, it contributes to the future of your children and grandchildren.