Image: Patricia Prundente on Unsplash.com

Protecting ourselves and our loved ones is arguably one of the basest human instincts. While the threats themselves have changed over the years, so have the ways in which we approach the concept of security. In modern times, high-net-worth individuals are particularly at risk due to the growing gap between the so-called “haves” and the “have-nots”.

What steps can you take in order to ensure that your family and its assets are never placed at risk? Let us take a look at some professional advice so that the correct strategies can be implemented.

Pay Attention to Your Digital Footprint

One of the latest threats involves cyber crimes such as phishing, hacking and identity theft. In fact, cybercriminals are now specifically targeting families with a significant amount of wealth. This is why online security should never be taken for granted. Here are some useful tips:

• Subscribe to a professional antivirus service.
  • Never open strange or unfamiliar emails.
  • Do not divulge your personal information to other online entities if you doubt their veracity.
  • Monitor the activities of your children when browsing the Internet.

These simple approaches will dramatically decrease the chances of becoming the victim of a cyber crime.

Work with Trained Industry Professionals

Most of us lead extremely busy lives. This leaves little time to think about protecting our assets until it is already too late. Whether referring to theft, an act of god (such as a fire) or a breach of privacy, it pays to obtain professional oversight. This is why a growing number of individuals are opting to work in tandem with experts such as those employed by Cora Partners family office recruitment. From investment advisors and private lawyers to dedicated personal assistants and wealth planners, it pays to partner with the best in the business.

The Brick-and-Mortar Side of Things

We have already discussed online risks as well as working in synergy with a respected management firm. However, it is just as pivotal to mention the practical aspects of privacy and security. Many high-net-worth individuals are away from home for extended periods of time and this does not go unnoticed by those who wish to do them harm.

Burglaries are still commonplace and naturally, thieves are attracted to properties associated with wealth. This is why installing a cutting-edge security system is pivotal. Some of these boast truly amazing technological advancements such as:

• Automatic synchronisation with mobile devices.
  • Cameras quipped with AI-powered facial recognition algorithms.
  • Biometric locks on entry and exit points.
  • Smart integration with other home-based devices such as lights and thermostats.

The main point is that safety and privacy should never be taken for granted. High-net-worth individuals are becoming even more vulnerable and the appropriate measures need to be embraced sooner as opposed to later. After all, it is impossible to place a price tag on your peace of mind.