Image: jorono on Pixabay.com

We are approaching the business end of the Summer transfer window, and Tottenham is making early advances ahead of the rest. Fans with Tottenham tickets are interested in all the transfers Ange Postegclou makes ahead of the season.

The club is looking to build on Postecoglou’s first campaign in charge, which brought an improved fifth-place finish in the Premier League with more goals scored, fewer conceded, and three consecutive Manager of the Month awards for the Australian at the start of the campaign.

The fans with Tottenham tickets agree they had a great combination at the start, but they could have stayed consistent with squad depth and injury issues. The manager wants to avoid making this mistake this time around.

“You always understand that things can change quickly, but we’ve got a plan in place that I’m comfortable with in terms of incomings and outgoings,” Postecoglou said of the transfer plans he and the club had after the club’s post-season friendly in Melbourne last month.

Son Urges Spurs to Sign Timo Werner

Heung-min Son wants Tottenham to sign Timo Werner permanently following his positive impact since joining on loan.

Werner set up Brennan Johnson’s opener against West Ham last night and now has two goals and three assists in 11 appearances for Spurs.

His pace and direct play have given Ange Postecoglou a different threat, and the German would like to turn his loan switch from RB Leipzig into a permanent move.

Spurs are considering whether to take an option to sign Werner for around £15million in the summer, and Son said: “I think he listened to what the gaffer asked for.

“The way we approach the game, the wingers are very important, staying wide and in the right position. Timo and Brennan are doing a great job and understand each other.

“When he came to Tottenham, [Timo] was missing a little bit of confidence, but now you can see he’s playing with confidence and more comfortable — missing a few chances, but that will come. He’s doing a great job, but as I always said, he’s a Golden Boot winner in the Bundesliga, and we expect he’ll score and give more assists to the team because we have massive games ahead.

Son is convinced Spurs can achieve “something special” under Postecoglou. “There’s still a lot of space to improve,” he said. “We’re still way off how he wants to approach the game.

“We make sure that we give it everything, and under this manager, we can make something special.”

Son’s claims are vividly supported by those who turn up for games with Tottenham tickets, understand Werner’s role, and believe he can do much better.

Lucas Bergvall Done Deal

Tottenham Hotspur is currently en route to Australia for a post-season tournament. Now’s a good time to start thinking about offseason planning and what the team might look like when the Premier League season begins on August 16.

Lucas Bergvall is one new face that Tottenham fans should expect to see in the first-team setup.

The Swedish midfielder is considered one of Europa’s brightest young football prospects. He turned 18 a couple of months ago and has already agreed on a deal to join Tottenham, spurning an approach from Barcelona to play for Ange Postecoglou.

According to Charlie Eccleshare in The Athletic, Bergvall is expected to join the club and immediately take a place in the first team. Eccleshare suggests that he’ll be given opportunities to prove himself in the early stages of the League Cup and Europa League and, depending on performance, could see his involvement in Premier League matches increase down the road.

Bergvall is a big lad, strong on the ball and in the press, and super impressive, already playing as an attacking midfielder.

As always, Bergvall is just 18, and progression is rarely linear. It’s also a massive leap from the Swedish first division to the Premier League.

That said, he’s doing some pretty incredible things at a young age against actual adults in a top-level European football league, and that’s nothing to sneeze at. Spurs are looking to overhaul the midfield this summer — more on that later — but it sounds like Bergvall will have every chance to be a part of that rebuild from the ground floor.

Emerson Royal Looking for Exit?

One of the players on the Spurs’ exit list is Emerson Royal.

The 25-year-old showed his versatility last season by being featured in his usual right-back role as well as at left-back and center-back when Micky Van de Ven was injured and Cristian Romero was suspended.

However, his lack of consistency and Pedro Porro’s impressive form on the right mean Emerson is no longer with Tottenham, and they are keen to cash in this summer.

In terms of where he could be playing next, Serie A giants Milan are the frontrunners for his signature.

While there is plenty of speculation about the future for the former Barcelona man, he insists that is not quite his focus for now.

Indeed, earlier this week, Emerson confirmed talks have begun with Milan regarding a switch to Italy, describing the idea of that interest as ‘gratifying’ given the San Siro outfit’s legacy of employing top Brazilian players.

However, speaking to UOL, Royal was asked where he could be playing next season and responded: “I’ve asked my agents not to talk to me about these issues for now because I’m on holiday. I recently got married, and I want to enjoy this moment.

“I’ll have to meet with them in the next few days because it’s a critical decision I must make now.”

He also touched on his motivations, with an international recall high on the list of priorities, and added: “In life, nothing is easy. I’ve always fought to be on the national team, and I will be. My next steps next season will be based on that.

“Whether I stay at Tottenham or leave, it’s always about playing for my place in the national team. I’m going to fight for that.”

Some player exits trouble the fans with Tottenham tickets adversely. Last year’s Harry Kane exit was one such incident. However, the fans won’t be too saddened by Royal’s sale.