Image: Israel Palacio on Unsplash.com

Luke Albert Combs is a renowned American country musician born on the 2nd of March, 1990 who rose to fame becoming the first country music artist to have 14 of his first songs reach NO. 1, on the Billboard Chart.

Back in 2017, “Hurricane” which was re-released by his newly joined record label topped the country radio airplay chart and held the No.1 spot for two weeks straight, making him the most talked about country musician.

Luke Combs began touring in 2017 shortly after joining Sony Music Nashville and recorded massive success plus support from millions of fans. This motivated him to headline more tours and is currently headlining his 4th tour, “Luke Combs World Tour.”

With the 5th one, “Growin’ Up and Gettin’ Old Tour” coming up in 2024, getting tickets for the concerts might be difficult. Perhaps a marketplace will be the easiest way to get Luke Combs tickets.

Boone, North Carolina – Image: Matt Benson on Unsplash.com

A School Drop-Out

Before pursuing a musical career, Luke Combs worked as a bouncer at the Appalachian State University located in Boone, North Carolina where he schooled for 5 years before dropping out with 21 hours to receive his degree.

While working as a bouncer, he had his first try at a country music show in a café called Parthenon back in Boone, North Carolina.

The outcome of the show contributed to Luke Combs’s decision to abandon school and hit the road. This journey landed him in Nashville, Tennessee where he got connected to Sony Music Nashville and they picked him up.

Early Music Life Before Joining Sony Music

Luke Combs was an only child to Mr. and Mrs. Rhonda Combs and had shown interest in music right from an early age.

By the age of 8, Combs had performed in multiple school musicals, and chorus classes and even joined his church choir which led him to perform at the Carnegie Hall, once.

Fast forward to February 2014, Luke released his first EP which he titled, “The Way She Rides,” with the second one, “Can I Get an Outlaw” following closely, the same year.

His first recorded success standing alone was in 2016, after he sold 15,000 copies of his first single “Hurricane,” in the first week of its release. The same song held the No. 46 spot on Hot Country Songs, prompting him to drop his 3rd EP titled “This One’s For You,” in 2015, and by the end of 2016, Luke Combs had earned the title, “Artists to Watch” of Sounds like Nashville.

Music Life after Joining Sony Music

The beginning of Luke Combs’s life as an artist before joining a music label packed lots of proof that he was made for greatness so, it is safe to assume that Sony Music did not completely come with the success that Luke Combs has now.

Nonetheless, it’s fair to note that a large part of Luke’s success story came after he signed with Sony Music and that is, just like the case of his re-released “Hurricane,” evident enough since his track record shows it.

First Album and Tour – “This One’s For You” – 2017

Luke dropped his first album with Sony Music in 2017 also titled, “This One’s For You.” The reason for this is, that “This One’s For You” previously recorded success, plus the album’s name sort of announced his arrival into the country music industry.

“This One’s For You” which was released on River House Artists and Columbia Nashville got to No.1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums in its first week, and also No.5 on Billboard’s 200 in the same week.

The second song on the album, “When It Rains It Pours” reached No.1 on the Country Airplay chart after it was released on the radio on June 19th of the same year.

Combs then decided to headline his first tour, “Don’t Tempt Me with a Good Time Tour” in the same year having recorded some success from his debut label album. Clearly, it was a good time, since things only got better to the extent that the Tour went through to 2018.

Deluxe Album – “This One’s For You Too” – 2018

“This One’s For You Too” was released in June 2018 as a deluxe version of “This One’s For You,” and it had 5 bonus tracks with two immediately reaching No.1 on the Country Airplay after release.

By the beginning of 2019, “Beautiful Crazy” also topped the chart giving Luke 5 No.1s from his 5 singles.

Luke conquered 3 country charts that year, Country Streaming Songs, Hot Country Songs, and Country Digital Songs Sales. His record-breaking appearance was too much to ignore and he got invited to Grand Ole Opry to become a member in the same year.

The country artist’s record-breaking spree had just begun even with all that has played out already since by August of 2019, “This One’s For You” spent a complete 44-week cycle at the No.1 spot of Top Country Albums, making Luke the only male to hold the spot for that long.

Second Album and Tour – “What You See Is What You Get” – 2019

Luke ended 2019 with a new album and a Tour that lasted barely 4 months. “What You See Is What You Get” was released by the artist on November 8th, 2019, barely 2 months after the commencement of his second Tour, “Beer Never Broke My Heart Tour” which started in September and ended in December of the same year.

4th EP, and 3rd Tour – “The Prequel” – 2020

While the Pandemic hit the world badly, people had the privilege of also getting hit with Luke’s single, “Six Feet Apart” which became popular because it illustrated life during the pandemic.

His next single was soon released and it was featured on his EP, “The Prequel” and also his second album.

2020 also holds the record for Luke Combs’ 3rd tour, “What You See Is What You Get Tour” which lasted through to 2021.

Deluxe Album – “What You See Ain’t Always What You Get” – 2020

Luke Combs soon released a deluxe version of “What You See Is What You Get” towards the end of 2020 titled, “What You See Ain’t Always What You Get” with 5 new tracks.

One of the new tracks on the deluxe version, “Forever After All,” broke streaming records on Spotify and Apple Music.

Third Album – “Growin’ Up” – 2022

The Album, “Growin’ Up” was like a part 1 of the 4th Album that Luke later dropped in 2023. The Album featured two singles which topped the charts in Country Music. “Doin’ This,” and “The Kind of Love We Make.”

“Going, Going, Gone” a single from “Growin’ Up” also became popular in the same year the Album was dropped.

Fourth Album and Tour – “Gettin Old” – 2023

The Album features a chart-topping single, “Growin Up and Gettin Old,” which happens to be the names of two of his recent Albums joined together, and also the name of his 2024 Tour, “Growin Up and Gettin Old.”

His Tracy Chapman’s “Fast Car” cover made a new record after being streamed 65 million times on Spotify barely 2 months after the release of the Album.

Luke’s “Fast Car” cover is currently his most popular song and he confesses it to be his favorite song because it resonates with his early life.

Luke Combs is still touring the world for his, “Luke Combs World Tour.” His next Tour is “Growin’ Up and Gettin’ Old Tour” which is fixed to begin next year.