St John's have announced that Dubstep trio Magnetic Man will take centre stage at this year's dance dominated May Ball. The London based producers achieved chart success with 'I Need Air', and 'Perfect Stranger' featuring Katy B. Entertainments manager Kieran Brunt also revealed yesterday on CamFM that he had secured a DJ set from the Bombay Bicycle Club boys.
The dance tent will also play host to Redlight and B. Traits. Student talent secured for the event will be Denim, declared 'deliriously good fun' by Varsity in March, and a set from Klubnacht, whose highly acclaimed appearances at Fez Club this year were hugely successful.
Peterhouse are following the dubstep trend, securing the Lincoln producer Jakwob. The DJ achieved popularity and heavy airplay with his remix of Ellie Goulding's 'Starry Eyed', supported by Annie Mac and Zane Lowe. His subsequent remix of 'Under the Sheets' was then selected as Lowe's 'Hottest Record in the World' back in 2009. His website claims that 'Jakwob is talking about super-gnarly, super-heavy dubstep'.
Meanwhile, Trinity have confirmed Pixie Lott as their headliner alongside the Vengaboys, a distinctly pop focused line up in comparison. The Tab have claimed that the gig from the 21 year old, who topped the charts in November, cost the committee £20 000.
- Film & TV / Review and Response: Pain and self-loathing down in ‘Manchester by the Sea’21 January 2017
- News / Viral video featuring racial slurs linked to Cambridge student20 January 2017
- News / University considering major overhaul of BA degree classifications20 January 2017
- Comment / BuzzFeed has played Trump’s game – and lost 20 January 2017
- Editor's pickNews / Lettuce Club Annual General Meeting – As It Happened23 January 2017
- Editor's pickSport / Charlie Amesbury named CURUFC Captain24 January 2017
- Comment / Mainstream media has failed. We’re in a new age of news24 January 2017
- Sport / World Rugby’s ‘new tougher approach’ won’t do enough to protect players24 January 2017
- News / Warnings of flasher in the Sidgwick Avenue area24 January 2017
- Culture / Bedroom Art: an introduction24 January 2017