Cambridge students are still occupying the Old Schools in protest against Higher Education cuts.
VarsiTV followed events as they unfolded on the first day of the occupation.
At 11am a small group of students entered the Senior Combination Room of the Old Schools. A faceoff with the Proctors at around lunchtime signalled the beginning of the inevitable struggles between the University and the protestors that will no doubt continue over the next few days.
The University authorities' attempts to force the protestors to read an official letter that would have obliged them to leave failed, after organisers did everything they could to avoid a repeat of the collapse of the Oxford occupation, where protesters were evicted on Thursday night.
As the occupation settles in for the night, many are awaiting the list of the students' demands that will need to be communicated to the University tomorrow.
- News / ‘Ridiculous’ Corpus Christi guest policy arouses anger24 February 2017
- Film & TV / The Long Review: Fifty Shades Darker and Crapper23 February 2017
- Editor's pickNews / English Professor in court over indecent images of children24 February 2017
- Violet / How I learned to love my pubes (and how it’s none of your business)22 February 2017
- Editor's pickFilm & TV / Polem-Flick: Sexism in Sherlock20 February 2017
- Culture / Responses to Feminism: Women and Art26 February 2017
- News / Lord Wood of Anfield: ‘The House of Lords is imperfect, but it does have a lot of expertise’26 February 2017
- Editor's pickScience / Ever wondered why we laugh?26 February 2017
- Film & TV / Preview: Berakah meets Berakah // بركة يقابل بركة26 February 2017
- Editor's pickFilm & TV / Unknown Displeasures: Stalked by my Doctor26 February 2017