Mathias Gjesdal Hammer
This is a series of photographs I took of a group of fishermen in Andenes. I went out with the fishermen at about 5am and didn’t return to land until 7 or 8 in the evening. The captain, Sigve Larsen, first went out to sea in the 1970s, and slowly worked his way up the ranks until he could afford his own boat. These photos are taken on 35mm film, which was quite a challenge because in early January the sun has only just returned, so there are only a few hours of daylight.
Due to the number of high quality submissions, Varsity and PhoCUS decided to single out some more submissions for commendation.
PhoCUS are currently taking submissions for their magazine, six seven
- News / ‘Ridiculous’ Corpus Christi guest policy arouses anger24 February 2017
- Film & TV / The Long Review: Fifty Shades Darker and Crapper23 February 2017
- Editor's pickNews / English Professor in court over indecent images of children24 February 2017
- Violet / How I learned to love my pubes (and how it’s none of your business)22 February 2017
- Editor's pickFilm & TV / Polem-Flick: Sexism in Sherlock20 February 2017
- Culture / Responses to Feminism: Women and Art26 February 2017
- News / Lord Wood of Anfield: ‘The House of Lords is imperfect, but it does have a lot of expertise’26 February 2017
- Editor's pickScience / Ever wondered why we laugh?26 February 2017
- Film & TV / Preview: Berakah meets Berakah // بركة يقابل بركة26 February 2017
- Editor's pickFilm & TV / Unknown Displeasures: Stalked by my Doctor26 February 2017