Image: Pexels.com

Delegating tasks enables you to enhance efficiency, productivity, and time management. Practically, you free up much-needed time to focus on the most important aspects of your business. Perhaps it’s unthinkable to let other people help run your business. Well, if you’d like to reach your full potential, you must delegate. You have a better chance of standing out from the crowd when you’re not struggling to be a one-man or one-woman team. Hire a virtual assistant to help you manage the workload. The way you’ve approached the situation before isn’t effective. Your job is to build a scalable enterprise, not handle mundane repetitive tasks.

Delegation is one of the most difficult undertakings. If anything goes wrong, you’re the one to blame. Nonetheless, you can’t complete tasks of noteworthy size on your own. The virtual assistant will help you manage the volume of emails and customer inquiries. The question now is: What tasks should you give your virtual assistant? If you’re not accustomed to delegating tasks, maybe the following suggestions will come in handy.

Decide what’s critical for long-term success and extend beyond yourself

So, you’ve made the decision to use a virtual assistant service. Now, you have to determine exactly what tasks you want to outsource. You haven’t dealt with the person before, so you have no idea what they’re capable of. You’ll just have to trust the process. Virtual assistant services companies hire the best candidates every time. Make a list of everything you want to do with your business and focus on daily tasks. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that there are jobs only you can do. Anyone with the right training and experience can do what you do.

Examples of tasks you can outsource to your virtual assistant

A virtual assistant can perform various tasks as they’re multi-talented. More exactly, they can do remarkably well in various areas. In what follows, we’ll take a closer look at some tasks that you might want to be performed outside of the company.

• Email management – Given that emails are the norm for professional communication, it’s essential to effectively manage your inbox. A virtual assistant can lighten the load and the best part is that they don’t have to be in the office. They will screen the messages and forward you the important ones.
  • Working with data – Perhaps you have a full stack of business cards that you don’t know what to do with. Rather than throwing them out, you should put them in a trusted system. Leave that up to the virtual assistant. They will enter the data into the computer and make necessary adjustments as time goes by. 
  • Social media – A virtual assistant can log into your social media accounts, handle research, automate posts, and more. Look for someone with experience in social media management or content creation. They will know how to maintain a consistent brand voice and image. If you don’t want to outsource all of your social media to a virtual assistant, at least have them take care of research.

As you can see, you can delegate just about any task these days.