Want to carry out a duct cleaning Toronto? Learn more about what is involved here.

The Process of Duct Cleaning Toronto

Generally, most people spend a significant chunk of their time indoors. What does that mean? Well, it implies that indoor air quality is more important to them than anything else. This is where duct cleaning Toronto comes in.

Image provided by sponsor.

Luckily, there are many duct cleaning specialists such as Comfort Clean who provide whole-house cleaning services. Duct cleaning Toronto is essential since it gets rid of germs, mould and bacteria at home, hence enhancing your family’s health.

1. Is Duct Cleaning Toronto Necessary?

Yes. Duct cleaning is a necessary undertaking for all homeowners who want to maintain healthy indoor air quality. It comes in handy in the elimination of bacteria, allergies, and other particulate matter that causes allergies, asthma and other respiratory-related illnesses.

1. What Is A General Air Duct Cleaning?

A typical air duct cleaning Toronto involves a specialist cleaning various parts of your homes HVAC system that includes;

Diffusers and grilles.

The evaporator coil, drain pan and drain

Registers and supply and return air ducts

Heat exchanger

Blower motor and housing etc.

Before the technician can commence the work, he will tell you what needs to be cleaned in your ductwork. The duct cleaner utilizes typically specialized tools and removes debris and dirt from the system. This is then followed by an exhaustive sanitizing process to wash away the dislodged mess. The specialist then gets rid of the old air exchangers and registers. The final process of duct cleaning Toronto involves testing the system to make sure that it works well.

With a professional duct cleaning specialist, all dirt and debris are professionally removed, cleaned and the surface sanitized before reinstalling the seals-this normally saves money in the long run.

1. Why you should hire an expert to Clean Your Air Ducts

The key reason why you need to hire a professional for air duct cleaning is to get excellent results. If you hire anyone to clean your ducts, you may end up making the problem bigger and costly. For instance, without taking the time to study the problem and clean the components, most parts of the ductwork can get contaminated during the process. In turn, this ends up to be counterproductive.

1. When Should A Homeowner Carry Out Air Duct Cleaning?

According to experts, there isn’t a specific time when you should carry out air duct cleaning Toronto. However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t clean your air ducts. There are particular times when duct cleaning should be considered. They include;

1. You Have Seen Vermin Infestation

Perhaps you were walking around your home, and you noticed some insects and rodents which have inhabited your ductwork. If that is the case, call an air duct specialist to come and inspect your home. Most likely, he will advise you to clean the entire ductwork, especially if you haven’t cleaned it for a while.

1. Visible Mould On The HVAC System Or The Air Ducts

You may notice there is mould on the air ducts or sometimes discover that the insulation is mouldy. In this case, cleaning the mould may not prove effective, and therefore the best option is to get rid of the air ducts and install new ones.

When you discover mould in your home, you shouldn’t wait. Call your duct cleaner to inspect the extend of the mould and advise you on the best way to deal with it. Left unattended for so long, it can spread to other parts and become hard to eliminate. Besides, it is a health hazard as it is detrimental to the health of your family members, especially those who suffer from respiratory illnesses such as asthma or allergies.

1. There Is Excess Accumulation Of Debris, Dust, Dirt And Other Particles On Your Air Ducts

Excess debris and dust on your air ducts is a sign that you haven’t cleaned your air ducts for so long.  Most of these contaminants end in the air registers, and if left for a long time, they can end up blocking the air ducts. If this is the case, then you should consider air duct cleaning Toronto.