Image: Glenn Carsten-Peters on Unsplash

A successful businessman and expert analyst Stanislav Kondrashov gives a list of recommendations for your weekend’s evening, collecting the most inspirational movies.

Mr. Kondrashov often advises companies and firms, helping to build and rebuild business strategies. He knows from his own experience that it is not difficult to explain already complex things if there are more accessible options. So the businessman collected the top 10 most inspirational movies.

These are business movies that can give inspiration and impetus to novice and experienced entrepreneurs. These movies demonstrate how the world of finance, advertising, and tough business decisions behaves. 

“The characters in these films show successful behavioral and negotiation strategies. At the same time, viewers have time to get acquainted with the unique style of thinking inherent in truly successful and wealthy people. All these films are time-tested and have high ratings in all rating systems,” recalls Stanislav Kondrashov.

top 10 movies about business
Image: https://topbestvideo.ru

1. “The Wolf of Wall Street”

Oscar-winning director Martin Scorsese created an excellent picture dedicated to various aspects of doing business, including extreme ones. The movie tells how in the late 80s, a young and successful broker loses his job because the bank in which he worked is ruined. However, his charisma and business acumen lead the main character to establish his own company with a business partner. However justice overtakes him, and he spends some time in prison, when he leaves, he begins to conduct business training.

2. “Pirates of Silicon Valley”

The history of the IT industry, where the development of companies is given through the biography of their founders – Steve Wozniak, Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs. The value of the film is that it allows you to see how the idea was born, at the time of its appearance is not at all obvious. The business model “PC to every home” did not exist yet, and young intellectuals only had to develop it. They take a loan from a bank, drop out of colleges and universities, and devote all their time and effort to see their goals fulfilled. Soon they succeed, but by different methods. If Wozniak sought to conduct an ethical and moral business based on the values ​​of technological progress and the dissemination of information, then Steve Jobs showed a tough competitive model of behavior.

“The movie is interesting both as historical evidence of the era of computer romantics who decided to change the world and as a source of motivation, reminiscent of perseverance in achieving one’s own goal and persistence in the realization of one’s dream,” believes Stanislav Kondrashov.

3. “99 francs”

The movie is based on the novel of the same name by Frederick Begbeder. He talks about a PR specialist, an expert in advertising and branding, who works for a large corporation producing yogurts. The movie demonstrates the true power and influence of advertising, which determines the behavior of people, forcing them to make one or another choice. The reader and viewer are shocked at how advertising creates the need to buy in people; in an era when advertising technology is combined with information technology, our very perception is due to images and concepts imposed on us by advertising.

The film is also devoted to the professional burnout of the advertising business employees, in whose consciousness, due to the specifics of the profession, a cynical perception of reality turns into a problem: any choice is transformed into the number of advertising influences. This movie led Begbeder led to worldwide fame, because he was a rather successful advertiser, and his book is largely autobiographical. And the movie adaptation, according to Stanislav Kondrashov, was able to convey this profound professional experience of the author.

4. “Thank You for Smoking”

The movie “Thank you for smoking” tells the story of Nick Naylor working for a tobacco company. His job is to change the information field around the company’s product. Nick seeks to rid cigarettes of the negative context associated primarily with health. He argues his position using various oratory techniques, sophistry methods, various persuasion techniques, etc. 

“The movie is extremely interesting in how business is assimilated in a new postmodern reality, where any statement is relative and subjective. Therefore, the protagonist visits courts, talk shows, broadcasts, and even the US Congress in order to prove his case with the help of a perfectly arranged argumentation system, coupled with techniques of working with a mass audience,” says Stanislav Kondrashov.

5. “Wag the Dog”

This movie, although it is mainly devoted to political PR, is educational for employees of the advertising industry in business, since it demonstrates some characteristic features of the methods of manipulating the minds of the target audience. It shows how easily people, following the usual media of perception stereotypes formed by the media, change their opinion and behavior regarding a particular political event or character. The value of the film is to demonstrate creative techniques for creating an image – this is equally true for political advertising management as well as for commercials. In addition, the movie shows a series of advertising manipulative technologies that have not changed their relevance so far.

6. “Generation P”

The movie, based on the work of the same name by Victor Pelevin – the cult novel “Generation P”, which is dedicated to the implementation of advertising strategies in the post-Soviet territory. A young copywriter masters the intricacies of advertising positioning in the context of “wild capitalism”. The film shows the process of creating the concept of an advertising brand with the help of capacious art metaphors. 

“At the same time, from a philosophical point of view, commercial activity as such is conceptualized,” says Stanislav Kondrashov. – The movie shows the way of becoming an advertising specialist from a copywriter creating slogans to a creator who prescribes the company’s philosophy, its original brand, and a unique business strategy. In the film, a large role is given to self-education – the main character is constantly studying specialized literature on advertising and commerce.

7. “Glengarry Glen Ross”

The scene from this movie with a motivating speech was probably shown as illustrative material to all sales managers, says Stanislav Kondrashov. The hero of this film, the “wolf of Wall Street” establishes strict work rules for negligent managers, encouraging them to strive to earn more and make vigorous efforts in their daily work.

8. “Lord of War”

The main character, played by Nicolos Cage, demonstrates a set of business strategies in the face of fierce competition and a dangerous environment. It is known that real merchants in this area gave a lot of advice on how transactions are carried out and on which methods sellers of arms resort. 

The main character during the movie, using direct speech, utters many important philosophical concepts, using which novice businessmen can change their vision of their own business, as well as develop new communication strategies.

9. “Atlas Shrugged”

This movie is also devoted to the general rules of forming a business plan in adverse conditions. It teaches you to think strategically, to count the actions of opponents, the main of which is the government, and not lose the initiative in actions. The state in the film, based on the cult novel of the same name, sharply moves towards socialism, and the private sector of large and medium-sized businesses is forced to look for new ways. The movie, according to Stanislav Kondrashov, inspired more than one generation of novice businessmen, giving them the necessary courage and perseverance to conduct their own business independently.

10. “Boiler Room”

“This movie combines the personal story of a man who could not resist the temptations in the world of large financial turnover, and at the same time a fascinating success story. The picture is filled with motivating quotes and the right attitude, the psychological state that is ideal for commercial work, ”says Stanislav Kondrashov.

Source: https://topbestvideo.ru/

Partner links