William Haggas has ruled out supplementing Hurricane Ivor for the race next weekend. The appearance at Ascot is far more likely if he is able to run again. The horse has followed up the victory in Portland’s Handicap and he is under top weight when you look at the step to Group Three at Newbury. He has shown a lot of speed when you look at the five furlongs. When you look at this year, you will soon see that he much prefers to stay closer to home. Nobody thinks that they are going to be going for the Abbaye because he is not in it, and it is a huge supplement.

Image: Daniel from Pexels

Draw Bias

They have a draw bias here and he is now a hold-up horse. Usually what happens is that they clamber to the inside rail and this means that they don’t get a run. They are going to have to look at Rous Stakes and it’s only A Listed, so he will have a penalty. That being said, he is in very good shape right now. He’s gelded and he is running for money but nobody knows how long he is going to be in good form for. He ran a good race to say the least when he was at Ascot so if he does go anywhere then he will certainly go from there.

Of course, only time will tell what the future holds but right now it looks like it is a very exciting time for horse racing. He’s not in anything that could be classed as being smart right now, but they are going to be running him in a couple of smart races next year. Nobody really sees why he can’t continue to run like he is right now.  Addeybb is also going for the Ascot but when you look at Champion’s Day, you will soon see that it has been complicated by the weather.

A good outing at Goodwood has been shelved this week because of the fast ground. Haggas has said that the weather has been a real nuisance and now they are under pressure to say the least. The next suitable race is going to take place at the Prix Dollar on the Arc weekend but that is really getting close to the Champion Stake. If they do have a setback then it looks like a racecourse gallop or two.

Being Put through the Paces

Many horses are being put through their paces and they are being pushed to compete in higher races as well. That being said, you also have trainers who are trying to battle weather conditions and make decisions that are for the good of everyone. This is all amounting to the interesting races that are due to take part in the near future and Hurricane Ivor is certainly a contender. Hurricane Ivor is a bay gelding and he is currently four years old. The owner is Fiona Carmichael and Haggas has been his trainer for quite some time. The pedigree for Hurricane Ivor is IVAWOOD IRE. It’s going to be interesting to see where this horse ends up running and if he is able to come out with a win. On top of this, it’s very interesting to see if he is going to run at all. Haggas really does know what is best for his horse and he knows what he is capable of, so only time will tell if he is going to run or if he is going to hold back to try and secure a better run later on.

Please gamble responsibly.