Image: Universal Robots

As manufacturing processes develop and adopt the use of technology, there are many other companies that remain stuck in the old ways. Refusing to change with the times as they bask in the success of days long gone. This mentality is what has caused the numerous industrial disruptions that we hear of everyday caused by new entrants with new technology.

Robotic machine tending is one of the new technologies causing disruption in the processes of manufacturing companies.

Here are some industries that could benefit from the application of robotic machine tending technology if they have not already started implementing it.

Image: Lenny Kuhne on Unsplash.

Automotive Industry

The automotive industry is one of the highest earning manufacturing sectors the world over. One of the distinguishing features of this industry is how fast it adopts modern technology in the development of new car models.

Robotic machine tending is one of the techniques that automotive manufacturers use to reduce manufacturing cost and to produce high quality numerous parts of the cars they make. With robots handling the machine tending, automakers are sure that all their parts have similar dimensions and quality.

In the automotive industry, robotic machine tending is used for the following tasks; screw driving, assembly, and even painting. In addition to these light tasks, robotic tending also competently handles heavy tasks such as molding machines and lifting engine foundries.

Furniture industry

Furniture products influence our everyday life. As such, makers of furniture need speed and accuracy to deliver their necessary products to the market every day on time.

Robotic machine tending offers great benefits to the furniture industry. With lots of the tasks in the furniture industry remaining mostly manual, introducing robots helps greatly improve furniture production process.

Robotic tending in the furniture industry leads to improved product quality and enhanced production. The furniture industry is highly manual and robots help deliver faster and better-quality products.

Plastics and Polymers industry

Another industry that can and would benefit from the adoption of robotic machine tending is the plastics and polymer production industry. This industry is considered quite unsafe, due to the products that are used in the production process and their by-products.

Several companies in this industry have already adopted the use of robotic tending. They have seen great benefits in their production process. They are able to produce faster, better products and in a safe condition to those who work in the companies.

The biggest issue in this industry is the poisonous gases that are produced during the production process. By adopting robotic machine tending, companies are able to automate their production and keep their employees away from these poisonous gases. 

They are also able to produce high quality products consistently.

Image: Science in HD on Unsplash

Pharmaceuticals and healthcare industry

This is one industry that one would not expect to use robotic tending machines. However, this industry has accepted that robotic assistance is the future of any industry.

Robotic machine tending in the pharmaceutical industry helps pharmaceutical manufacturers develop accurate measurements of their raw materials during production and testing of the drugs they produce.

As medical technology advances, robots are useful in the production of medical parts such as prosthetic limbs and devices such as pacemakers used to enhance the working of the heart.

Robotic tending can also be used in the dispensing and counting of tablets in hospitals.

Robots are also used in surgery. They help enhance the accuracy of the surgical process leading to less pain and faster healing.

Conclusion

There are numerous other industries that I have not mentioned who should adopt the robotic machine tending technology in their processes. Others, besides these, have already seen the benefits of this technology. These robots are easy to acquire and use. They help to develop high quality products consistently. Adoption of robots is necessary for companies and industries to protect against disruption and to advance production now and in the future.