Image: Artsy Vibes on Unsplash

Your wedding is undoubtedly the best day of your life. There’s nothing more beautiful than finding the right person and committing to them for the rest of your life. Of course, the ceremony of your eternal promise of togetherness has to be perfect. And for that, you need all of your friends and family to be present. To make sure everyone comes, you have to send out the best wedding invitations. It’s not an easy task to select your wedding invitation cards’ design, so take notes.

Theme

The theme of your wedding card must carry some sort of significance to the ceremony or the general bond between you and your partner. A well-considered theme appears more personal and really speaks to the person that receives the wedding invitation card. By theme, we mean the overall background style that will run throughout the card.

A few popular types of themes are vintage, elegant, bright, modern, and photo-based. The photo-based theme is a good idea for couples who want to give their wedding guests a photo keepsake along with the wedding card.

Typeface

The typeface is the style in which the fonts are written. For example, brushes, calligraphy, etc. The reason why it is an important factor while choosing the design of your wedding card is the emphasis it can create.

You can keep all the other content in a particular typeface, but you should change the typeface where your name with your partner’s names is written. Pairing a beautiful typeface with a serif or sans serif is an excellent way of making the text look special.

Content

Of course, you cannot look over the content of your wedding invitation card while choosing the design. The content is the real matter of the card. In fact, the reason why you need to send out invitation cards is to inform people about the event and ask them to come over and join you.

With that being said, let’s look at what content should your wedding invitation card contain:

● Who are the people getting married?

● On what date is the wedding?

● Where is the wedding?

Paper

This is a factor that many couples overlook and fall victim to the criticism of the guests. No one wants to be targeted just because they didn’t pay attention to the quality of paper for their wedding invitation card.

So, to avoid this whole negative situation, pick out a good quality of paper, matching the theme of your wedding invitation. Whatever you choose, make sure it’s sturdy and never flimsy. You can also pick the finishing of the card — glossy, matte, etc.

Packaging

The packaging comes last in this list, but it will be the first thing that your guests notice. It doesn’t matter if your wedding invitation card is only one-sided on a single piece of paper, you still need to make sure that it is well covered in a suitable envelope that matches the overall theme of your card.

Partner links