Image: Jamie Street on Unsplash

After the COVID-19 pandemic that shut most of 2020 down, it’s time to embrace everything that 2021 has to offer as life begins to return back to normal. If you ended up putting love on the back burner last year, you can now shift your perspective and work toward finding the person that is perfect for you. Wondering how? We’ve got a few tips that can help, and you’ll find them below.

Start by Figuring Out What You Want

If you don’t know what exactly you are searching for in another person, it can be harder to determine who is worth dating, and who you shouldn’t waste your time on. So, one of the first things you can do if you want to find love in 2021 is pretty simple: reflect on what you want in a partner.

Consider the type of personality that you are most drawn to, as well as whether or not there are any habits that you will not tolerate in someone else. For example, if someone is a smoker, that might be an immediate deal-breaker.

Acknowledge What’s Held You Back in the Past

Another smart step you can take when you are searching for a new love this year: evaluate yourself. In other words, don’t just think about what you want in another person, but also think about what you can do to improve your own habits and perspectives in order to boost the odds of making a relationship work.

How can you do this? Well, it requires some reflection again. But, this time, instead of looking outwardly, look within. What hasn’t worked for you in the past? Were you too jealous or controlling? Did you tend to be too critical of people you dated, and did you let go of a good relationship because of that? Or perhaps you weren’t critical enough, so you ended up with people who weren’t right for you.

Once you figure out where you can improve yourself, you can work on bettering the way you approach the dating world. So, take the time to move through this step, and if you need help with evaluating your own poor choices or habits, you can even talk to someone you trust for some advice.

Get on a Dating App

Once you know what you want, and you’ve also resolved to improve the way you think and behave when you’re in a relationship with someone, you can start your search for your perfect match with a lot more clarity—and with lower odds of repeating the mistakes of the past.

One way to open yourself up to a lot of potential matches is by joining a high-quality dating app. And the best part is you have a lot of choices these days when it comes to dating sites and apps that will connect you with like-minded people. Plus, during the pandemic, these dating platforms grew substantially as more people started to search for love online in an effort to stay safe. A great example of a dating site is meetville.com/catalog/gb/woman, which can help you to find local women nearby. It is available to all – LGBT, men, women – meetville.com/catalog/gb/page/1454-gay, meetville.com/catalog/gb/page/1455-lesbian.

After you find the appropriate platform that meets your preferences, just set up a profile and get ready to chat with your matches—it’s that simple!

Be Open to Love This Year

With the right effort, you might be able to find your mate in 2021. Then, before you know it, you’ll be planning the ideal wedding and honeymoon!