Image: Mimi Thiam on Unsplash

With the advent of Covid-19, more and more small businesses are feeling the pressure to cut costs and at the same time increase revenue. One of the best ways to go about doing this is optimizing your site to drive traffic. With limited resources, the ideal way to do this is by choosing an SEO service London that can help. In this article, I will be giving you my top tips to choosing the best SEO services for your small business without breaking the bank.

#1: Do Your Due Diligence

This article is a good starting point and further research will help you get a good look at how your prospective SEO company operates. You can check out sites like TrustPilot and Glassdoor. Both these sites offer feedback and reviews from people who have worked for these companies.

In a way, it’s like getting a glimpse behind the scenes. If you have begrudged former employees who mention things like shady business practices or dishonest management stay clear. This also applies to the customer experience as well. Here are some tips for reading reviews:

1. If you notice a lot of generic expressions describing the company as helpful or nice chances are either the results weren’t that impressive or perhaps a friend is dropping a line for reviews.
  2. Timeline – if the last great review was years ago – that is also a big warning sign
  3. Video case studies – creates authority and reliability
  4. Recognition – who recommends them a random company in London or heavy hitters like Google, Trustpilot, Glassdoor, Yell.com and others

#2: Review How They Work

As a business owner you know that after people, the process is critical. Ask to review their process and look for transparency, authority, and successful implementation. A sign of  a great agency will be a plan similar to this one:

Step #1: Discovery

A great SEO company like Pearl Lemon will want to learn everything about your business, brand values, messaging, and digital growth goals. To improve your rankings and get your real traffic the SEO company will need to capture and optimize your site based on what your company offers, This is NOT a one-size-fits-all industry. Ask good questions to get to know the SEO agency as well.

Step #2: The Audit

A comprehensive audit of your site is imperative. Identifying each of the issues as well as offering solutions will give you a better idea to the SEO agency’s ability to locate and solve the issues your company is facing.

Step #3: Strategy and Implementation

Once the above is established – you should receive a solid strategic plan in line with your brand and addressing each of the issues. Once approved you can expect an expert team to optimize everything discussed and keep you consistently updated with results.

Understand What Services They Provide

Many SEO agencies are one-trick ponies meaning they often focus on low-hanging fruit and offer you “bundles” based on their limited expertise. Avoid companies that are not well-versed in all of the latest and most relevant SEO trends and strategies. On their site, you should be able to see what services they offer and how each one is implemented.

Take Away

Always do your research before you sign up with an SEO agency. Read up and see how internal and external reviews reflect who they are and how they work. Notice how they work – are they customer-centric or do they just offer a prefabricated plan that is supposed to fit everyone? For more information, visit this site.