Image: Arpita Arya

The world has been evolving in the context of diversity, and individuals have the freedom to pursue their dream even though it requires immigration to the United States of America. ESTA makes it more effortless. ESTA is called Electronic System Travel Authorization, which provides the convenience of a long-term stay in the United States. Marvellous it sounds, does not it? Indeed, it is an excellent opportunity for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) candidates to pursue their American dream without any official hassle of traveling back and forth to the USA whenever the visa expires.

What is ESTA?

ESTA was introduced in 2009 by the US Department of Homeland Security. Today, VWP is acquired in 38 countries for its citizens to travel to the United States; however, since 2010; all the VWP visa holders are required to apply for ESTA. Otherwise, monetary fines are applicable to the specified candidates.

ESTA is applicable online on the US government website (for free) or US Travel authority (fees is applicable) within the 72 hours of traveling to the United States. ESTA approval is acquirable within the period of 5 seconds to 10 minutes. However, the conditions apply. To attain maximum ESTA benefits, VWP visa is compulsory. Only then, the United States allows the candidate to experience visa-free travel through ESTA.

In only a few years, ESTA has grasped the attention of the dream pursuers all over the world who are willing to settle up business on the grounds of the United States.

Here is the representation of ESTA as a significant step towards pursuing the American dream for candidates at a global level—

Elimination of Visa processing through the ESTA validation period

Do you know that visa takes over 17 days to 28 days for processing? If a candidate is traveling to the US, the country allows the candidate to stay for only 90 days. Otherwise, it is an illegal activity and leads to legal consequences. This condition causes the American dream holders from bringing their dream to reality as the period is not enough and re-traveling to the United States demands ‘repetition of the entire visa process.’

Hence, rather than saving money for the dream, the candidates are stuck with traveling, visa processing, and re-traveling. But, ESTA allows the VWP candidates to stay in the United States for 90 days and re-travel to the US without re-applying for the visa. Yes, ESTA enables the candidates to travel back and forth to the USA without any restrictions for two years.

No ‘over the top’ requirements for ESTA Application

ESTA Application demands for the candidate’s general information only. Thus, to apply for Electronic System for the travel authorization, the candidate does not require much but only VWP visa and a passport. It is noteworthy to mention that the passport must be readable and should not look suspicious. Alongside, the administration team of ESTA also takes into consideration the countries that the candidate had already visited. For instance, the candidates who are the dual citizens of any of the following countries will not be allowed to apply for the ESTA: Iran, Sudan, Syria and Iraq due to the United States security reasons.

Thus, ESTA does not demand any over the top documents or traveling or application fees from the applicators’ end. Hassle is less!

ESTA is a platform of trusted tourism to the United States

For the readers, it is significant to acknowledge that entry into the United States via ESTA is only allowed and determined by the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Hence, ESTA provides the travellers a trusted certification signed by the CBP through which the candidates find it easy to grasp the excellent attention of the Americans. For the travellers who are acquiring VWP and ESTA to settle business on the grounds the United States, the approval from the CBP builds a good trust among the American investors.

Conclusion

From easily apply online (at US Travel authority) to allowing unlimited back and forth traveling to the US for up to two years, ESTA has been becoming one of the most excellent support for the candidates who hold an American dream. Do you want to explore the entire United States? ESTA is the source to it. ETIAS, EU Travel Information, and System is the visa policy of the Schengen Area, which allows the nations from 27 countries to enter the Schengen area or European Union by any mode of transportation.

Note: The permanent citizens of the United Kingdom cannot apply for ESTA as for few unknown reasons, the United States does not allow the UK candidates to enter the country using this shortcut. For UK candidates, B1-B2 non-immigrant visa is compulsory.