GCHQ

Maths and Cryptography Students
£20,133 pro rata
Cheltenham

At GCHQ, we work closely with other intelligence agencies to keep the nation safe. We work against unique, complex threats – everything from cyber-attacks and espionage, to terror plots and serious organised crime. It means your work will be incredibly interesting, and unlike anything you’ll find anywhere else.

Real projects, real responsibility, real impact. If you’re a motivated mathematics undergraduate, this paid summer scheme offers you the chance to apply your skills in a unique environment. Alongside other students, you’ll be working on one of a wide range of projects which are of real operational interest to our organisation. From researching and assessing cryptographic algorithms to analysing complex data sets and developing new statistical tools.

You’ll have the chance to collaborate with some of the finest mathematical minds in the country, working to solve what others consider unsolvable. In just nine weeks, you’ll learn new mathematics, develop new skills and discover that you can achieve more than you ever imagined. All in the name of our mission, to keep the nation safe.

To join us, you must have completed a minimum of three years of your degree in mathematics and you should be on track to achieve a first-class honours qualification at the end of your degree. You will thrive on collaboration; have great intellectual curiosity and demonstrate sound political awareness. Previous programming experience isn’t required.

To find out more and apply, visit www.gchq-careers.co.uk