Image: www.veraclinc.net

The one thing that almost everybody worries about at some stage in their life is their body weight, especially as we get older and our metabolism starts to slow down. The most concern is with how much body fat we have and at what level this becomes bad for us. There has been a lot of confusion over the years on how bad fat is, and how much is too little or too much body fat.

The reality is that the story is more complicated than we realize and it is possible to have too little body fat which can be as dangerous as having too much body fat. This is because fat is an important substance in the human body, with many functions that are necessary for good health. In fact, all our nerve cells are surrounded by a layer of fat called myelin, which is needed in order to speed up the transmission of nerve impulses. A lack of myelin is what causes problems in the disease multiple sclerosis, which demonstrates just how important this type of fat is in the human body.

The scientific term for fat is adipose tissue, and it is an important connective tissue of the body which surrounds and protects all our organs. In fact, much of our skin is made up of fat which provides a layer of insulation and protection from injury.

Metabolic syndrome and fat

While having too little fat is dangerous, so is having too much fat. The type of fat also counts as does where it is found in the body. Metabolic syndrome is a common condition which is more common in people who are overweight, and it is a condition that is related to an increased risk of stroke, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

People who have metabolic syndrome have too much fat on the waist and are classified as overweight or even obese, in some cases. The syndrome is linked to being overweight and having too much fat. Often this is because people do not eat healthy meals and they tend to not exercise, so it turns out having a sedentary life style and eating poorly is associated with certain disease conditions.

Cholesterol and your health

Cholesterol is a type of fat as well, but here again, not all cholesterol is actually bad for you. In fact, we need cholesterol because it makes up the membranes of our cells and it is used to make bile acids which we need to digest lipids in our meals.

The bad cholesterol is called LDL and is the type that ends up in our arteries where it can lead to inflammation and form plaques. The good cholesterol is known as HDL and this is the type that goes to the liver where it can be used to form bile and other substances.

Ways to get rid of excess body fat

Since we know now that too much body fat, and particularly the distribution of body fat, is bad for you, the question becomes what you can do about. Most people have heard that diet and exercise can help, and certainly if you are consuming more calories than you are using, it is not surprising that you will gain weight and have more fat tissue will be deposited. The problem is that sometimes people gain weight and body fat because of medical problems that they have, because of hormones, or because of medications they are taking.

It is therefore important that you try to find out why you have extra body fat and why you have gained this extra weight. This can help you find the best way to lose the extra fat, but one problem is losing fat from problem areas such as the thighs and waist.

What about liposuction to get rid of the fat?

Liposuction is a technique that has been done for many years, and it is essentially a surgical way to remove fat from problem areas of the body. You can read about liposuction and other cosmetic procedures by visiting the Vera Clinic in Turkey.

The term vaser stands for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance, and it is a type of liposuction which essentially uses ultrasonic frequency waves to break up fat tissue so that it can more easily be removed from the body by suction. There are risks with liposuction but today these are very minimal provided not too much fat is removed and provided you have the procedure done at a reputable and accredited health center.

While not everybody can have liposuction, it can be very helpful for people where diet and exercise have failed to remove stubborn fat. You get the benefit of improving your body shape and overall appearance and you decrease the health risks of excess fat and body weight.