Image: Pixabay.com

College students are overwhelmed by pressure to excel at their studies. From cramming for exams to meeting the expectations of parents and professors, many students could use a small break from the halls of their collegiate institute.

While most students don’t have the money to take off for a week at a time, many weekend alternatives can give students the break they need while staying within the budget. There are dozens of spots outside of London that can provide students with the quiet pampering that they need to rededicate their efforts to their studies.

Regardless of your tastes, you will be able to find the perfect weekend destination in the UK. Start your search by researching classic accommodations like lodgeswithhottubs.uk.com and start packing your bags for adventure. Let’s take a closer look at a few of the best weekend getaways for students in the UK.

Cotswolds Villages

Take a step back into simpler times with a charming visit to the Cotswolds. This area is scattered with historical villages, castles, fascinating ruins, and luxurious gardens that will steal your heart. Visit Sudeley Castle, take in the area’s unique history, and take your time walking through the extensive gardens. You can also rent a few bicycles and go from village to village, enjoying the countryside as you go.

Fossil Hunting in Dorset

If you love the coast, visiting Dorset might be your right destination. The Dorset area and the Jurassic Coast are famous for their fossil finds. On any day, you can find the nearby beaches full of fossil hunters looking for new discoveries. The best places to find fossils include Charmouth Beach, Kimmeridge Bay, and Lyme Regis. After your hunt is over, find a place to stay in one of the historic lodges along the coast and take part in some of the finest cuisines in the country.

Bath Spas

If you feel tense and worn out by the semester of studying, all you may need is a bit of relaxation and pampering. The spas of Bath are world-renowned for their luxury and elegance. You can find an underground ancient bath house that gives you peace and tranquility and splurge for a massage next to the pool.

Seaside Spa in Cornwall

The smell and sounds of the sea have always had a relaxing effect on man. If you want to let go of the stresses of Academia, head to the coastal spas of Cornwall. There are over a dozen award-winning spas in the area to choose from. Enjoy the surf, a quiet walk on the beach, and a soak in a jacuzzi tub overlooking the cliffs.

History of Oxford

If you love being a student but need a break from your studies, you may just need a change of scenery. Take your group and go and explore the beauty and history of one of the oldest educational institutes in the world in Oxford. Walk the halls, meet other students, and stay in the guest houses of the local dorms during your stay if you are on a tight budget.

There are endless destinations to explore for students in the UK. Consider some of these options when you start planning your next weekend getaway.