Image: Pexels.com

Although the MLB season is just a few weeks away, many people are getting ready for another exciting season. Last season, the Atlanta Braves won by dispatching a very strong Houston Astros team in six games. Despite Jose Altuve, Michael Brantley, and Yuli Gurriel’s impressive play, the Houston Astros failed to defeat the underdog Atlanta Braves.

With that memorable season being over, it’s time for a fresh start in the MLB. The Houston Astros will be doing more to avenge their loss against the Atlanta Braves. However, the Atlanta Braves have a difficult task of defending their MLB title from other teams that are just as hungry as the Astros.

With that said, who are the best MLB teams that can win the championship this season? Here are some of the best teams in the MLB that can be good picks:

Tampa Bay Rays

With 100 wins last season, the Tampa Bay Rays were also good picks to win the World Series. Having been edged out by 90-win teams such as Houston and Chicago, the Tampa Bay Rays took a backseat. Painful as it sounds, it’s not uncommon for top-seeded teams to not make the championship games at all.

With that said, a new season is coming in, and the Tampa Bay Rays are projected to do even better. For one, they’ll have a healthy Wander Franco for a full season. Josh Lowe and Vidal Brujan are also expected to have a positive impact on the Rays this season. The Tampa Bay Rays core is young and exciting. Make sure you consider this team as one of the best picks for any MLB futures betting you’re in.

Houston Astros

The Houston Astros were one of the strongest teams last season. With a record of 95-67, it would seem that the Astros were going to clinch the World Series in their favour. As fate would deny it, the Atlanta Braves made play after play, defeating the heavily-favoured Astros. Although there’s enough reason to keep their heads up high, a World Series win for the Astros, and their fans would be better.

This season, the Astros have made notable moves to improve their lineup. A recovering Justin Verlander has extended his season with the Astros and signed a two-year contract. With the Houston Astros so close to winning last season, look for this team to avenge their loss and claim the World Series title this season.

Chicago White Sox

Although the Chicago White Sox were one of the best teams last season, they disappointingly ended their championship dreams with a loss to the Astros. Carlos Rodón, who had a terrific performance last season with the team, is currently a free agent. The White Sox should sign him or look for another player to fill in the gap.

Previously a 90-win team and a division leader last season, the Chicago White Sox will want to move on from a disappointing finish. The 2022 MLB season is a fresh start, and the White Sox will be a good pick.

Atlanta Braves

Baseball is one of the most difficult sports to win a back-to-back championship. So why are the Atlanta Braves here? Coming off a fresh World Series win against the Houston Astros, the odds are stacked against the Braves to do a repeat. Hear us out, though; the Braves are getting better and will only get better.

With an entire season from Ronald Acuna Jr. and consistent performances by Austin Riley and  Mike Soroka, the Atlanta Braves are good picks this season. It should be noted that most of the team’s success was because of a breakout season performance from Austin Riley. Look for the Atlanta Braves to defy the odds and defend their world title this upcoming season.

Milwaukee Brewers

With a 95-67 record and 1st place in the NL Central Division, the Milwaukee Brewers weren’t expected to get such a record, let alone win the World Series. The Brewers were even considered contenders, a considerable tier away from elite-level teams last season, such as the Houston Astros and the New York Yankees. Although they didn’t win the championship, the team defied the odds and bested other “elite” teams for their impressive 2021 season.

With a dominating trio consisting of Brandon Woodruff, Freddy Peralta, and Corbin Burnes, many experts considered them enough firepower for a good run. However, the team’s offensive shortcomings prevented them from moving forward. This season, look for the Brewers to address their needs and make another run at the World Series.

Conclusion

Although the official season starts on March 31, many MLB teams are already getting ready. With more than five contenders and seven elite-level teams, it can be hard to choose a good team this season, even if it’s too early to tell. The five mentioned above are just a fraction of the best teams in the MLB, but consider them to make a good run towards the World Series.

Please gamble responsibly.