Martin Freeman stars in this brilliant british comedy. Teacher Mr Maddens has to adjust to a new school, new class, and new, childish teaching assistant Mr Poppy – all while trying to plan a Hollywood-worthy school nativity.
Will Ferrell is Buddy, a human raised as an elf in the North Pole. In an attempt to find his true self and discover his lost family, Buddy returns to the US to find things are rather different to the North Pole...
Love Actually (2003)
The iconic Christmas romance film, Richard Curtis’ Love Actually boasts a hugely impressive cast, following the very different lives of eight couples in the lead up to Christmas.
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
Dicken’s classic story brought to life by puppets, or well, ‘Muppets’. With Michael Caine as Scrooge, the Muppets recreate the narrative of the ghosts of past, present and future with great comic effect and brilliant musical numbers.
It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
Down on his luck businessman George Bailey wishes to end his life, but an angel-in-training is sent to show him his good deeds. In this true Christmas classic, George is shown a world in which he never existed
- News / ‘Ridiculous’ Corpus Christi guest policy arouses anger24 February 2017
- Features / Stop glamourizing mental illness – it’s not glamourous20 February 2017
- Film & TV / The Long Review: Fifty Shades Darker and Crapper23 February 2017
- Editor's pickNews / Charlotte Rose: ‘Through years of sex work, I have become independent and confident’21 February 2017
- Editor's pickFilm & TV / Polem-Flick: Sexism in Sherlock20 February 2017
- Editor's pickTheatre / Bardolatry and anti-blackness: can modern audiences ignore Shakespearean racism?25 February 2017
- Editor's pickNews / English Professor in court over indecent images of children24 February 2017
- News / News in Brief: Lent Week 624 February 2017
- News / John Domokos: ‘Journalists, advocates and activists all have to do their jobs’24 February 2017
- Comment / Jews have always been the scapegoat of history24 February 2017